Graduate Writing Consultant Appointments
To schedule a writing consultation, log into GRAD Garogyle, click on “Advising Appointments” and search for availability for one of the WRITING appointment types.
Your GWC appointment will not be approved until you fill out the required Cover Sheet form. GWC appointments are collaborations: this form is where you let us know what you’d like to work on in the appointment, and where you give us some context information about your document.
At least 24 hours before your appointment time, please submit your document (up to ten pages, double-spaced) by uploading it to your appointment on the scheduling site OR emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We must cancel your appointment if you miss this deadline.
The document you submit and the discussion we have in session must fall under GWC purviews. GWCs can work on academic documents such as:
- Dissertation Chapters
- Thesis Proposals
- Conference Papers
- Papers for Coursework
- Journal Articles
- MA Thesis/Qualifying Papers
Want to know more about how you can use these appointments? Check out our blog post from 2019 (ignore expired hyperlinks)
For ESL language support, job materials, teaching materials, or fellowship applications, please see OTHER RESOURCES, below.
LOCATION: All Graduate Writing Consultations will take place remotely via Zoom.
CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to cancel or reschedule your session, please do so at least 48 hours before your appointment time. Again, please note that your appointment will be cancelled if you do not submit your document at least 24 hours in advance.
- For English Language Learning, and ESL/EAL support, please contact the English Language Institute.
- For job materials (CVs, Resumes, Cover Letters, PhD applications, etc.), schedule an appointment with a career advisor.
- For teaching materials, please get in touch with the Chicago Center for Teaching.
- For fellowship applications (proposals, research, personal history, and diversity statements), please contact UChicagoGRAD’s Fellowship Proposal Specialist, Annie Janusch.