To evaluate whether a career will be fulfilling in the long term, you should first ascertain what characteristics of a job will bring you satisfaction and what factors are most important to your everyday life.
Self-assessment exercises can help you identify these factors which translate into your skills, interests, and values – all of which are important to understanding your work style, optimal work environment, and can illuminate your overall career goals.
Identifying clearly what these skills, interests, and values are through self-assessment can help you to:
- Identify skill areas that require improvement
- Articulate your optimal work style and environment
- Optimize the career exploration process
- Develop smart strategies for career development
- Narrow down potential career paths
- Communicate your strengths during the job search and application process
Schedule a one-on-one appointment with a career advisor to discuss self-assessment and create an actionable, strategic plan. Make an appointment today with UChicagoGRAD.