The Anhelo Project Dream Scholarship will be awarded to deserving undergraduate or graduate students who demonstrate leadership, academic competitiveness, community involvement, and financial need. Students do not need to have DACA status, and we strongly encourage undocumented students from all racial/ethnic backgrounds to apply.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be an Illinois resident attending a high school, college, university or vocational training program located within the State of Illinois.
- Must be enrolled full-time for the Spring semester (at time of application) and Fall semester (following application deadline) at an accredited college, university or vocational training program located in the State of Illinois.
- Be in good academic standing with a cumulative GPA minimum of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale.
- Should demonstrate leadership through community involvement either on and/or off campus.
- Must demonstrate ineligibility for federal financial assistance and financial hardships for the Spring semester of application and the following academic year.
- The Anhelo Project Dream Scholarship recipients must commit 20 hours of volunteer time to The Anhelo Project events during the following academic year.
- Holders of F-1 student visas and international students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- DACA recipients are eligible to apply due to ineligibility for federal financial assistance.