University of Chicago students excel in external fellowship, grant, and scholarship competitions, such as the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, the National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship, the Ford Foundation Fellowship, and many others.
Graduate students also take advantage of the on-campus competitive funding opportunities. Many of UChicago’s research institutes and centers offer research grants, dissertation fellowships, and funded seminars.
Annual Fellowship Recipients
Profiles of Graduate Student Fellows
- Naomi Rosen: German Chancellor Fellowship
- Kevin Blankinship: Fulbright-Hays DDRA Fellowship
- Ji Yoon Noh: Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship
- Andrea Haidar: Fulbright US Student Program Fellowship
- David Knight: Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship
- Claire Roosien: Fulbright-Hays DDRA Fellowship
- Joshua Vera: Fulbright US Student Program Fellowship
- Marcus Lee: Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship
- Bridgette Davis: Point Foundation Scholar
- Sonia Gomez: MIT Diversity Predoctoral Fellow
- Keshia Harris: Fulbright-Hays DDRA Fellowship