Because delivery methods can vary depending on the type of payment, we recommend all graduate students review and update address and delivery information in both the my.uchicago.edu portal and in Workday once per academic quarter or more frequently as necessary. All stipend payments are paid through my.uchicago.edu or Workday. Emergency assistance and student account refunds are paid through my.uchicago.edu.
For Autumn Quarter 2020:
- The deadline to update your address and payment delivery information to receive a quarterly stipend by the first day of the quarter is September 15, 2020.
- Your tax responsibilities may depend on your location. Please be sure to accurately represent your physical location for Autumn Quarter 2020 by September 15, 2020. If you have questions on tax responsibilities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are new to Workday or new to the University of Chicago, please look for an email notification when your access has been enabled. All graduate students will have Workday access in early September.
Any student who has not entered US bank information or provided a US address to receive payments will be provided information to sign up for international wire transfer through Flywire. Please look for sign-up instructions after September 15, 2020.
Update Your Address Information
- How to update your physical and home/permanent address in my.uchicago.edu
- How to update your address information in Workday
Update Your Payment Delivery Information
Students have the option to receive stipends via direct deposit, mailed paper check, or, if the student is outside the US, a wire transfer. Direct deposit is the most efficient method to receive a payment.
If you have a US bank account, we strongly encourage you sign up for direct deposit in both my.uchicago.edu and Workday.