- a monthly fellowship grant of 2,000 euros, 2,300 euros or 2,600 euros – depending on your training and career level
- an intensive language course before you begin your fellowship and funding for German courses during your fellowship,
- individual support during your stay in Germany
- additional financial support, e.g. for mobility, for accompanying family members, for travel expenses, for full private health insurance or for additional German language courses
- joint events where you experience professional and personal intercultural exchange with other fellows from your year group and gain insights into German culture and society,
- networking activities that enable you to collaborate in peer groups and independently organise smaller network formats with other fellows,
- a two-week study tour through Germany as well as a number of events where you can connect with other fellows and meet representatives of German businesses and institutions
- extensive alumni sponsorship, in particular to support long-term connections with your cooperation partners in Germany over the duration of your entire professional career
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation offers prospective leaders from Brazil, China, India, Russia and the USA the opportunity to conduct a project as guests of the partner of their choice in Germany. With the support of your host you can spend a year concentrating on a project you have chosen yourself and give your career that crucial boost. German Chancellor Fellowships are open to an array of sectors such as politics, economics, the media, administration and culture. German language skills are not required, although there will be a mandatory 2-month language course in the summer before the fellowship begins. The fellowship offers
We invite you to apply if you
- hold Brazilian, Chinese, Indian, South African or American citizenship
- work in a field such as politics, business, media, administration, society or culture and have demonstrable initial leadership experience
- will have completed your first academic degree (Bachelor or comparable degree) no more than twelve years ago. The key date for calculating this twelve-year period is 1 October 2023.
- want to conduct an independently developed project with a host of your choice in Germany
- have good knowledge of English and/or German
We accept applications from the start date in March to 15 October of each year.