The University of Chicago annually recognizes and honors tenure-track and tenured faculty in the Biological Sciences, Divinity School, Humanities, Pritzker School of Molecular Engineering, Physical Sciences, and Social Sciences for sustained exemplary graduate student teaching and mentoring.
Graduate students wishing to nominate a faculty member should work with their department/committee/program to compile a nomination packet including:
1. Letters of nomination from individual students and alumni
- Nomination letters with group signatures will not be accepted. Each letter must be from an individual.
- Nomination packets must include letters from at least three students or alumni and may include up to six letters (but not more than six).
2. A letter of nomination from the chair of the department/committee/program
- If the current chair is being nominated, a previous chair or the director of graduate studies may provide this letter of support.
3. The nominee’s curriculum vitae
Letters of nomination should address the specific contributions, programs, and approaches that qualify the faculty member for the award. These letters can include information and examples about advising and mentoring students, expanding student opportunities, developing and running workshops, helping students in their professional development, and contributing to the quality of the overall student experience.
Materials should be addressed to the Selection Committee for the Faculty Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching and Mentoring. Complete nomination packets should be e-mailed as a single pdf attachment to Brooke Noonan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday, March 1, 2021.
Please note that students may nominate and departments may endorse more than one faculty member from a department. Previous winners may not be re-nominated, but faculty who were nominated previously and did not win may be nominated again. See previous winners at http://www.uchicago.edu/about/accolades/33/.
For additional information, e-mail Brooke Noonan at email@example.com.