The Academic Exchange program allows eligible PhD students to take advantage of faculty, classes, and research centers at 25 partner institutions. Participants must receive institutional approvals from both the home and host institutions. The Exchange students will register at their home and host institutions, but will only pay tuition to the home institution (occasionally fees may apply). For students taking coursework, all grades earned at the host institution will be reflected on your official transcript.
Students who wish to participate in Academic Exchange programs should carefully review the eligibility requirements and contact the GRAD Exchange team with questions.
- University of Chicago students who wish to take a course or conduct dissertation research at Northwestern University and other institutions within the Big Ten Academic Alliance
- University of Chicago students who wish to take academic courses at the University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of Chicago students who wish to take a course or conduct dissertation research with participating institutions:
- Brown University
- Columbia University
- Cornell University
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Pennsylvania
- Yale University