Family Resource Center
The FRC is a drop-in center for families that offers family-friendly programs, informational materials for families, and a support network. Membership is free for all university-affiliated families. Please click on the FRC tab above to learn more.
PhD Child Care stipends
The University of Chicago offers need-based, annual child care stipends in the amount of $2,000 per year to eligible PhD student applicants. While not covering the bulk of child care expenses, these stipends are intended to help alleviate some of the financial hardship our student parents face while allowing them flexibility to tailor child care to their needs. Priority will be given to eligible applicants with the greatest need. Please click here to submit the PhD Child care application for 2022-23. Please note that all applications must be submitted via the online system. We are no longer accepting paper applications.
UChicago Child Care Resources
- Read the University’s Graduate Student Parent Policy
- New Parent Resource Guide 2022-23
- Additional resources for pregnant and parenting students
- Local Partnerships – The University has provided grants to two neighborhood childcare providers with the stipulation that they set aside a limited number of places for infants and toddlers of employees, postdoctoral researchers, and students at the University and Medical Center.
- Learn more about The Baby Ph.D. Childcare Network
- Learn more about the Chicago Child Care Society: The Preschool Center
Student Parent Market
Join the Student Parent Market listserv for student parents to buy, sell, give and and donate their items. This list is intended to separate such posts from all other family related announcements, queries and FRC related posts.