Graduate Admissions is operating remotely until further notice. Campus tours for prospective and incoming/new students are also available. Masks are required in all indoor locations at UChicago, regardless of vaccination status.
All visitors are expected to review the University’s Visitor Guidelines, to wear an acceptable mask covering the nose and mouth while indoors, and to adopt the risk mitigation measures (masking and social distancing, etc.) appropriate to their vaccination status as advised by public health officials or to their individual vulnerabilities as advised by a medical professional. Public convening may not be safe for all and carries a risk for contracting COVID-19, particularly for those unvaccinated. Participants will not know the vaccination status of others and should follow appropriate risk mitigation measures.
Winter Break Schedule
- Week of December 13 – Regular schedule, including tours
- Week of December 20 – Office closed to the public; Admissions staff working remotely
- Friday, December 24 (Christmas Eve) through Friday, December 31 (New Year’s Eve) – Winter Recess; all offices on campus are closed
Please note that the Graduate Admissions Office will be closed the following dates:
- Friday, December 25 through Friday, December 31 – Winter Recess; all offices on campus are closed
- Monday, January 17 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Tuesday, February 1 – UChicagoGRAD Staff Retreat
- Monday, May 30 – Memorial Day
The University of Chicago currently welcomes prospective graduate students and visitors to our campus. On this site you will find information to help you plan your trip to Chicago and the University. You will find maps of the area, links to nearby accommodations, and information on joining a Graduate Admissions tour of campus. A few of our professional schools offer their own specific visit opportunities for students throughout the year, and we encourage you to explore those as well, particularly if your plans include the Booth School of Business, the Law School, the Harris School of Public Policy, or the Crown Family School of Social Work, Policy, and Practice. Regardless of your area of interest, you are welcome to attend one of our tours. All visitors must review the University’s Visitor Guidelines.
For more information, please contact Graduate Admissions via email at email@example.com or by phone at 773.702.3760.