The Fellowships in Aerospace History are offered annually by the National Aeronautics Space Administration (NASA) to support significant scholarly research projects in aerospace history. These fellowships grant the opportunity to engage in significant and sustained advanced research in all aspects of the history of aerospace from the earliest human interest in flight to the present, including cultural and intellectual history, economic history, history of law and public policy, history of science, engineering, and management.
The stipend is $22,550 for a six- to nine-month fellowship, which includes travel expenses. Three fellowships are offered:
- AHA Fellowship in Aerospace History
- AHA Fellowship in the History of Space Technology
- HSS Fellowship in Aerospace History
- Applicants must possess a PhD in history or in a closely related field OR be enrolled as a student (having completed all coursework) in a doctoral degree-granting program.
- Preference will be given to scholars at early stages in their careers.
- Stipends may be awarded only to US citizens or permanent residents.
The stipend is $21,890 for a six- to nine-month fellowship, which includes travel expenses.
Completed applications are due April 1.