The Janssen Scholars of Immunology Diversity Engagement Program (Janssen SIDEP) aims to build relationships with exceptional, ethnically diverse Ph.D. students, medical students, Pharm.D. students, and post-doctoral researchers. We aim to contribute to shaping their careers and to bringing greater visibility to our job opportunities by providing industry exposure and mentorship in partnership with R&D leaders at Janssen.
There are two steps of Janssen SIDEP: Exposure and Mentorship. The first step of this program (Exposure) is a virtual Janssen Immunology Day, which takes place September 11, 2023. At Janssen Immunology Day, attendees will be exposed to the R&D process within industry and obtain an understanding of the critical skillsets fostering a successful industry career. Registration deadline is August 15, 2023. Those who attend Janssen Immunology Day will have the opportunity to apply to advance to the Mentoring step of SIDEP, in which scholars will be paired with Janssen leaders in an ongoing one-year mentoring experience. Applications for this step are due mid-October.
- Self-identify as African-American/Black, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, or Native American
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Full-time Ph.D., medical, M.D./Ph.D. or Pharm.D. student to be entering year 2 or later of graduate program in the fall of 2023, or post-doctoral fellow who started their position in 2023; Students graduating in 2024 are not eligible for this program
- Engaged in research in immunology, or other closely related disciplines such as molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, computational biology/data sciences, clinical research, and pharmacology
- Receive 1:1 career coaching and guidance from an industry leader
- Receive funds for conference travel, research supplies, and training courses up to $10,000
- Obtain insight into pharmaceutical industry careers
- Gain knowledge about pharmaceutical industry culture and navigation strategies
- Receive resume/curriculum vitae (CV) review and feedback