The Janssen Scholars of Oncology Diversity Engagement Program (Janssen SODEP) aims to build relationships with exceptional, ethnically diverse PhD or MD/PhD students, PharmD students, and post-doctoral researchers. We propose to contribute to shaping their career, and bring greater visibility to our job opportunities by providing industry exposure and mentorship from our senior R&D leaders at Janssen.
There are two steps of Janssen SODEP: Exposure and Mentorship. The first step of this program (Exposure) is a virtual Janssen Oncology Day, which takes place this year on September 13, 2023. Please apply by August 28, 2023. At Janssen Oncology Day, attendees will be exposed to the R&D process within industry and obtain an understanding of the critical skillsets fostering a successful industry career. Those who attend Janssen Oncology Day will have the opportunity to apply to advance to the Mentoring step of SODEP, in which scholars will be paired with Janssen leaders in an ongoing 1-year mentoring experience. Applications for this step will be due on October 6, 2023.
- Self-identify as African-American/Black or Hispanic
- Citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Full-time PhD or MD/PhD students in year 3+ of graduate program, PharmD students, or post-doctoral fellows
- Engaged or interested in oncology, or other closely related disciplines such as molecular biology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, computational biology/data sciences, clinical research, and pharmacology.
- Receive 1:1 career coaching and guidance from an industry leader
- Receive funds for conference travel, research supplies, training courses up to $10,000
- Further insight into pharmaceutical industry careers
- Gain knowledge about pharmaceutical industry culture and navigation strategies
- Resume/CV review and feedback