Monbukagakusho (MEXT), the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology offers scholarships for non-Japanese nationals wishing to study in Japan. Only U.S. citizens living within the following states can apply for a MEXT Scholarship at this Consulate: IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, SD, WI.

The graduate research scholarship offers applicants the opportunity to spend 18 or 24 months conducting independent research under a Japanese professor. Any field of study is eligible for the scholarship, but applicants must find a Japanese professor willing to supervise their research. However, this does not guarantee that the applicant will be placed with that professor.

Your information has been submitted. Thanks!