The Out to Innovate™ Scholarships, established in 2011, are intended for LGBTQ+ undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) programs. The scholarships are designed to promote academic excellence and increased visibility of talented LGBTQ+ students in STEM careers. Scroll to the bottom of the page or follow this link to learn how to apply.
We are pleased to announce generous support from the following sponsors:
- Berkshire Hathaway Energy Foundation has funded the BHE Foundation Scholarships. These awards provide $5000 scholarships for graduate, undergraduate, and community college students in engineering fields.
- Motorola Solutions Foundation has funded the Out to Innovate™ Scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year, which includes first ($5000) and second ($2500) place graduate and undergraduate scholarships.
- The Amy A. Ross Scholarship in Bioscience. Applicants to this scholarship must demonstrate a commitment to furthering LGBTQ+ visibility, diversity, and inclusion in the biosciences. This is a $2000 scholarship
The mission of scholarship program is to:
- Award scholarships to LGBTQ+ students currently enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
- Honor students who support a creative educational community that increases the visibility and the accomplishments of LGBTQ+ and supportive students.
- Encourage students to be out in their careers and support diversity in the STEM workforce.