The Out to Innovate™ Scholarships, established in 2011, are intended for LGBTQ+ undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) programs. The scholarships are designed to promote academic excellence and increased visibility of talented LGBTQ+ students in STEM careers.
The mission of scholarship program is to:
- Award scholarships to LGBTQ+ students currently enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
- Honor students who support a creative educational community that increases the visibility and the accomplishments of LGBTQ+ and supportive students.
- Encourage students to be out in their careers and support diversity in the STEM workforce.
- Scholarship awards will be paid in the Fall semester/quarter only.
- Scholarship availability depends on funding, and might not be offered every year. Some years will offer more scholarships than other years
- All awards must be used in support of recipient’s education or research.
- Successful completion of a minimum of two years of post-high school education at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4-point scale.
- A declared major in an accredited STEM or STEM-related teaching field. STEM is Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
- Identify as a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Be an active supporter of and participant in programs or organizations that promote LGBTQ+ inclusion and visibility
- Students must be eligible for fall term registration at an accredited U.S. college or university and must not be under disciplinary sanction.