The Trudeau Foundation Scholarship provides funding for 3 years to Canadian students who are in their 1st or 2nd year of full-time doctoral studies in Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Up to $40,000 per year for three years to cover tuition and reasonable living expenses to focus on their doctoral studies and the Foundation’s leadership program
- Up to $20,000 per year for three years, for the learning of languages (see below), for travel and accommodations for the Foundation’s leadership program and for research, networking, and travel related to their doctoral research
To apply to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1) You must be already accepted into or in year one or two of a full-time doctoral program
2) Your field of study is broadly related to the humanities or human sciences of direct relevance to the future of Canada
3) Your doctoral work must relate to at least one of the Foundation’s Four Themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, People and their Natural Environment.
4) Be a Canadian citizen studying at a Canadian or foreign institution, or a non-Canadian (permanent resident of Canada or foreign national) enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution.