The goal of this fellowship is to support and encourage Ph.D. candidates to generate groundbreaking research publications, open source contributions, and/or other forms of research dissemination. Bloomberg fellows are given a stipend of USD 36,000 for their living expenses, plus up to USD 5,000 to attend professional conferences or for research expenses, such as computer hardware.
- Human Computation / Annotation
- Information Retrieval / Extraction
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Financial Machine Learning
- Applicants must be full-time doctoral students during the next academic year.
- Recipients must complete a 14-week summer internship in New York or London for each year of their fellowship. This is a paid research internship and the project will be research-focused.
- Recipients may not be supported by any other industry fellowships for the duration of the Bloomberg fellowship. Non-industry funding may be permitted on a case-by-case basis.