Applicants for whom a recent natural disaster or other major, widespread disruption has affected their ability to complete an application may submit a Hardship Request as described below.
If the impact of incident or disruption makes it impossible for you to submit your application, or one or more required components – such as GRE scores or transcripts – by the deadline, or for a recommender to submit their recommendation on time, please complete your application to the best of your ability. If you are unable to access the online application system for an extended period prior to the deadline, or the missing item(s) prevent the online system from allowing you to submit your application, send an email to email@example.com or call us at 773.702.3760 with the following information:
- Full name and date of birth
- Program you are applying to and your application reference number
- Indicate that you will be submitting a Hardship Request
- A brief description of the incident or disruption your request will be based on
- Request that we 1) extend the deadline for you (if you have been unable to access the application prior to the deadline) or 2) submit your application on your behalf (if a missing item is preventing you from submitting)
Someone from our office will contact you within two business days to let you know the status of your request.
If necessary, you may be asked to upload additional materials describing the nature of the hardship, and which elements of your application are affected. If appropriate, the admissions committee will review this information along with the rest of your application (e.g., in cases where the hardship impacts your ability to submit a required component of the application).
If you have further questions about Hardship Requests, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.