October 18-20, 2018
The University of Chicago is offering talented individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations an expenses-paid opportunity to explore graduate education at the University of Chicago. Join us for a weekend of graduate admissions workshops, conversations with world-renowned faculty and their graduate students, and informal socials. Receive advice on submitting a competitive application to graduate programs and learn how to develop your own career as a scientist, academic, or professional.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents planning to apply for graduate study for the following autumn. Undocumented students are welcome to apply.
- Biological Sciences Division
- Booth School of Business (Ph.D. program only)
- Divinity School (master's, MDiv, and Ph.D. programs)
- Harris School of Public Policy
- Humanities Division
- Institute for Molecular Engineering
- Physical Sciences Division
- School of Social Service Administration (master's and Ph.D. programs)
- Social Sciences Division
Please see our programs page for a list of the specific graduate programs within each school and division.
Instructions to Apply
The application will require you to create an online account. Once you have done so, you will be able to select the option to create a new application for Discover UChicago. As part of the application, you will be asked to upload several documents; PDF and Word documents are acceptable. Specific requirements may vary depending on your programs of interest, and will be described in detail in the application itself.
Required documents for the application are:
- A statement describing your current academic and professional goals, as they relate to your interest in graduate study. This statement should specifically mention the programs of study at UChicago that you are interested in, and two or three of our faculty members whose work is of particular interest to you.
- An unofficial copy of your most recent transcript.
- Your current resume or CV.
- Two letters of recommendation. Specific instructions will be sent to your recommenders to submit a letter electronically.
The strongest applicants for graduate study will have a clear sense of how and why each specific program is a good fit for their intended work. Discover UChicago is intended to help you gain a clearer picture of this, but as you prepare your application, we suggest looking carefully at our degree programs and faculty and indicating which you are most interested in. To that end, the application limits the number of programs that you may indicate an interest in.
Interdisciplinary work is encouraged at UChicago, but determining which department offers the primary methodological and research foci that best suit your interests will strengthen your application. In addition, it will allow us to match you with the appropriate faculty and current students during your visit. If you have questions about our programs, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: August 15, 2018. The application will open in the spring.